| Jens Thieme views and discussions | Jens Thieme views and discussions | Jens Thieme views and discussions

Filtering by Category: Technology

iPhone contacts into Outlook

How to instructions

Ever wondered why your edits in iPhone don't land in your MS Outlook address book? Me too, so I figured out how to fix it.

I just loooove the iPhone Business Card Reader App by SHAPE Software. Simply take a photo of a business card and the OCR software creates a contact data card for your iPhone contact address book.

Problem being: the new contacts sits nicely in your iPhone but won't move to Outlook. Well, not without tweaking anway. But worry not, here is how to fix it:

Using a Windows PC, follow this step and make sure the iTunes sync add-in is enabled in Outlook 2003:.

1. In Outlook, choose Tools > Options.
2. Click Other and then click Advanced Options.
3. Select COM add-ins and select the iTunes sync add-in and click OK.
4. Click Apply and then continue with the steps below.

Connect your iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and launch the iTunes application, if it does not launch automatically. iTunes displays your iPhone on the left panel under "Devices."

Click your iPhone on the iTunes panel and click the "Info" tab. Click "Sync contacts with" and select "Outlook."

Select "All Contacts" if you want to sync all the contacts from your iPhone to Outlook. If you want to select specific contacts, click "Selected groups" and place a check on the contacts you want to sync to Outlook.

Click "Apply" to sync your iPhone contacts to Outlook. Click the "Eject" button on the right panel and disconnect your phone from the computer. Close iTunes.

Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab. You should see the imported iPhone contacts. 

Blog Title Swap for Blogger Pages

Change title position

How to improve your blog in search engine ranking and traffic generation based on the position that the individual page titles have within the title string that you see in the browser title line.

Recently I noticed a dramatic drop in traffic with all my blogs that I run in (,undebt.orgviertesreich.infokopfgeburt.info,,,,, When opening any of the individual pages (posts, click at the post itself and the dedicated page opens for this individual entrance in your blog) I noticed that they all showed the blog title in front of the title string and the blog post titles were hidden behind the title.

As many of my blogs carry quite some keywords to attract targeted visitors in general the position of the individual blog post page titles (the name, titles of the various posts when they are posted) they would hardly be recognized by search engines and thus ranked very low in the search engine rankings.

Or in other words: the blog pages, based on their title did not differ much from any other in the blog and thus could not unfold the meaning of the pages content and attract the targeted traffic.

There is a simple trick to find out how search engines read and display back to users what they recognize in terms of your blog's page titles. Go to and type: (whereas should actually be your real domain).

The result page will list all pages as recognized by Google and here you might notice, as I did, that all individual blog pages are "labeled" with the title of the blog in general and the individual page titles might be positioned at the end of that title.

See, search engines consider the beginning words of a page title most important and rank the pages accordingly in their index. So, if all your pages carry the same content in the first 5 or 6 words of the title string, they all rank equal and there is no targeting of content possible. This diminished the value of your blog pages and content and dilutes the entire value of the blog and its concept.

How to change

Fortunately there is a fix that you can apply which does not require specialist knowledge.


  • Open your account.
  • Click at Dashboard.
  • Find the blog you are working with.
  • Click Design.
  • Click Edit HTML.


In the window that shows the template HTML code position your mouse cursor and copy the content of the template with the keyboard keys CTRL+C. Open your favored plain text editor and paste the content there by using the keyboard keys CTRL+V and save the file on your desktop so you can easily find this backup copy later and delete when done (this is just for backup, in case you mess up the HTML code so you can easily replace the messed-up code with the original backup content).

Next you need to find the string that handles the position of your title string. It might look like this:


<b:include data='blog' name='all-head-content'/>


...or simply like this:




Replace it with this string now by using above-mentioned copy/paste keyboard commands:


<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> |<data:blog.title/></title>
<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> </b:if>


Now save the HTML template by using the orange Save button in your blogger screen and you are done. For testing, open your blog and click at an individual blog post page title and you should see the targeted, individual title now in your browser top tab or frame.


It worked for me, let me know if it did for you or if you tweaked it any other way.