Blog Title Swap for Blogger Pages
Change Blogger.com title position
How to improve your blogger.com blog in search engine ranking and traffic generation based on the position that the individual page titles have within the title string that you see in the browser title line.
Recently I noticed a dramatic drop in traffic with all my blogger.com blogs that I run in blogger.com (umfinanzieren.com,undebt.org, viertesreich.info, kopfgeburt.info, http://www.whackedsigns.com/, http://www.climatologists.org/, http://www.boycottregimes.org/, http://www.againsttorture.org/, http://www.ituneseurope.com/, collectedspam.com). When opening any of the individual pages (posts, click at the post itself and the dedicated page opens for this individual entrance in your blog) I noticed that they all showed the blog title in front of the title string and the blog post titles were hidden behind the title.
As many of my blogs carry quite some keywords to attract targeted visitors in general the position of the individual blog post page titles (the name, titles of the various posts when they are posted) they would hardly be recognized by search engines and thus ranked very low in the search engine rankings.
Or in other words: the blog pages, based on their title did not differ much from any other in the blog and thus could not unfold the meaning of the pages content and attract the targeted traffic.
There is a simple trick to find out how search engines read and display back to users what they recognize in terms of your blog's page titles. Go to google.com and type: site:yourdomain.com (whereas yourdomain.com should actually be your real domain).
The result page will list all pages as recognized by Google and here you might notice, as I did, that all individual blog pages are "labeled" with the title of the blog in general and the individual page titles might be positioned at the end of that title.
See, search engines consider the beginning words of a page title most important and rank the pages accordingly in their index. So, if all your pages carry the same content in the first 5 or 6 words of the title string, they all rank equal and there is no targeting of content possible. This diminished the value of your blog pages and content and dilutes the entire value of the blog and its concept.
How to change
Fortunately there is a fix that you can apply which does not require specialist knowledge.
- Open your blogger.com account.
- Click at Dashboard.
- Find the blog you are working with.
- Click Design.
- Click Edit HTML.
In the window that shows the template HTML code position your mouse cursor and copy the content of the template with the keyboard keys CTRL+C. Open your favored plain text editor and paste the content there by using the keyboard keys CTRL+V and save the file on your desktop so you can easily find this backup copy later and delete when done (this is just for backup, in case you mess up the HTML code so you can easily replace the messed-up code with the original backup content).
Next you need to find the string that handles the position of your title string. It might look like this: